The APC has reacted to Saraki’s announcement of in search of to run for presidency in 2019. Saraki in an interview with Bloomberg final week, mentioned that he’s actively contemplating operating against President Buhari in 2019. Learn right here.
In a press release launched by its Nationwide publicity secretary, Yekini Nabena, the celebration requested the senate president to rethink his aspiration has he has plenty of corruption allegations he’s but to reply. The celebration in the assertion mentioned as the 2019 election approaches, Nigerians ought to be sure that they by no means once more entrust the management of this nice nation to thieves whose sole goal is treasury looting and returning us to the darkish ages the place impunity and institutionalized corruption was the order of the day.
In a latest interview with the worldwide information group, Bloomberg, the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki unsurprisingly declared his intention to contest the 2019 Presidency below the platform of the Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP).
Against the backdrop of the litany of corruption allegations trailing the Senate President, Saraki’s declaration, brings to the fore our earlier name to anti-graft businesses to test the use of stolen public funds to finance elections on this nation. We reiterate our place that the Nigerian citizens should have the alternative to select from candidates that may cross the integrity and anti-corruption take a look at.
Allow us to refresh our reminiscence on a few of Saraki’s corruption allegations:
· Allegations of fraud which led to the collapse of the Saraki family-owned Société Générale Financial institution (Bukola Saraki who was Director of the defunct financial institution was indicted over N1bn alleged to have been looted from the financial institution’s treasury).
· Misappropriation of Kwara State funds, disregard of presidency due course of and conversion of State authorities property into his and cronies when he served as two-term governor of Kwara State.
· Historical past of betrayals, treachery and sabotage – Household, political celebration (PDP, APC), Senate, authorities.
· Saraki was questioned by the Nigeria Police Particular Fraud Unit over a N11 billion monetary scandal at the defunct Intercontinental Financial institution.
· Gluttonous property acquisitions and hidden multi-billion greenback property unfold throughout the world as disclosed by the Panama Papers revelations.
· The multi-million greenback white elephant Shonga Agricultural Challenge in Kwara State when Saraki served as two-term governor.
· Falsification of Senate standing order
· Saraki’s hyperlink to the N298m armored Vary Rover SUV seized by the Nigeria Customs Service.
· Saraki’s hyperlink to $19.5b Paris Membership Mortgage refund scandal
. Oversaw funds padding in the Nationwide Meeting
· Amongst different quite a few corruption scandals
Nigerians ought to be cautious of a person whose private ambition will at all times supersede the curiosity of the majority and nationwide curiosity as presently displayed in the Nationwide Meeting. Whereas Saraki refuses to reconvene the Nationwide Meeting, the 2019 election funds of the Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) is dangerously delayed, an motion intentionally taken to sabotage INEC’s skill to conduct free, honest, clear and credible elections in 2019.
Whereas Saraki refuses to step down as Senate President as rightly and severally demanded by the APC-dominated Senate, he’s bent on foisting a PDP-minority rule (Senate President and Deputy Senate President) in the Higher Legislative Home.
The one politics that Bukola Saraki performs is self, himself solely and solely himself. The curiosity and welfare of the individuals of Nigeria don’t imply something to him. Now it’s the Presidency Saraki desires. And we ask with what antecedents is he doing this? Conspiracy, blackmail, treachery and vaulting ambition which overleaps itself and falls on the different, as rightly captured by William Shakespeare. Bukola Saraki will fairly rule in hell than serve in paradise.
Forward of 2019 elections, Nigerians should be sure that we by no means once more entrust the management of this nice nation to thieves whose sole goal is treasury looting and returning us to the darkish ages the place impunity and institutionalized corruption was the order of the day.