The 2018 season of the Women’s Nationwide Basketball Affiliation (WNBA) will probably be about extra than simply basketball because the group is teaming up with a number of advocacy teams that assist girls and younger women with its “Take A Seat, Take A Stand” marketing campaign.
The 22nd season of the WNBA will start on Friday (Could 18) and thru “Take A Seat” the league will donate $5 for every ticket bought by a fan to choose video games to one among six teams. The six nationwide companion organizations are:
- Shiny Pink, a nationwide nonprofit centered on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian most cancers in younger girls.
- GLSEN, a nationwide community of scholars, educators, mother and father and group leaders working to create secure and inclusive colleges for LGBTQ college students.
- It’s On Us, a cultural motion geared toward basically shifting the best way we take into consideration sexual assault.
- MENTOR, the unifying champion for high quality youth mentoring in america.
- Deliberate Parenthood, the nation’s main supplier and advocate of high-quality, reasonably priced well being care for ladies, males and younger individuals, in addition to the nation’s largest supplier of intercourse schooling.
- The United State of Girls, a nationwide group for any lady who sees that we’d like a unique America for all girls to survive and thrive — and desires to work collectively to obtain it.
All 12 of the groups will take part within the initiative. As well as to these organizations, followers can have the selection to assist native organizations in all 12 groups’ communities, which is able to fluctuate by metropolis.
“For 22 years, the WNBA and its gamers – girls enjoying on the highest stage of their sport – have stood up as function fashions for tens of millions of ladies and women,” mentioned WNBA President Lisa Borders. “With ‘Take a Seat, Take a Stand,’ we’re proud to come collectively as a league to stand with our companion organizations, our followers and the numerous inspiring girls elevating their voices for change within the present girls’s motion.
Take a seat, take a stand at www.wnba.com/takeastand and be a part of the dialog utilizing #WNBATakesAStand on social media. For the most recent updates on “Take a Seat, Take a Stand,” observe the WNBA on Fb, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (WNBA).